Managing The Millennials: Discover The Core Competencies For Managing Today'S Workforce
- Publish Date: 2010-02-15
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Chip Espinoza;Mick Ukleja;Craig Rusch
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A valuable tool for anyone who wants to effectively manage and motivate twenty-something workers
Many books are being published on how to manage employees of the millennial generation, but the solutions offered are anecdotal at best. Backed by years of serious research, Managing the Millennials provides managers of all ages with specific recommendations and tools for engaging this burgeoning demographic-some 78 million strong. Each chapter shares relevant interviews, case studies, and offers research-backed ideas and best practices to help any organization and their leaders address the challenges generational diversity presents.
Answering the perplexing question of how does one lead and manage younger employees, this book
- Offers research-based guidance on getting the most from twenty-something employees
- Answers common questions and outlines practical solutions for building better relationships between the younger workers and the people who manage them
- Includes a Special Offer with immediate benefit to readers: access to the authors' Generational Rapport Inventory (GRI), a tool that measures a managers competencies and identifies strengths and weaknesses in dealing with Millennials.
- Accompanied by an associate web site, leadingthemillennials.com, offering a weekly blog addressing generational diversity issues in the workplace
Insightful and practical, Managing the Millennials is a valuable tool for millions of managers globally whose job it is to manage and motivate their twenty-something workers.