C++ For Dummies
- Publish Date: 2009-05-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Stephen R. Davis
Enter the world of computer programming with this step-by-step guide to the C++ language! C++ is a great introduction to object-oriented programming, and this friendly guide covers everything you need to know and nothing you dont. Youll write your first program by the end of Chapter 1.
C++ For Dummies, 6th Edition, helps you understand C++ programming from the ground up. Its full of examples to show you how things work, and it even explains why, so you understand how the pieces fit together. And the bonus CD includes a special code editor, an update GNU compiler, and all source code from the book to save you time.
- Learn programming lingo and what terms like object-oriented, compiler, and executable mean, so you can write a program right away
- See how to bundle sections of your code into modules that can be reused in different programs
- Work with features of object-oriented programming such as classes, constructors, and destructors
- Discover how the concept of inheritance is the key to effective C++ programming
- Work with assignment operators, stream I/O, and other more advanced concepts, once youve grasped the basics
Youll discover ten ways to avoid adding bugs to your programs, what pointers are and how to use them, how to work with strings, and some advanced features new to C++. C++ For Dummies, 6th Edition gets you up and running with this popular object-oriented language.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.