Mosby'S Pdq For Wound Care, 1E
- Publish Date: 2008-08-26
- Binding: Spiral-bound
- Author: Mosby
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Use this handy, durable resource in providing quality wound care! Comprehensive and precise, this guide covers wound assessment, wound care, and wound healing in acute, long-term, and home care settings. Eye-catching photographs show various wound types at different stages, and tables and charts clearly depict assessment and treatment information. A practical approach to care includes a focus on patient teaching and helping patients handle anxiety and pain.
- Pocket size offers convenience and spiral binding allows the guide to lay flat for on-the-job reference.
- Waterproof and stain-resistant pages are great for rugged clinical use.
- Color-coded tabs make it easy to access information on the anatomy and physiology of the skin, wound healing, classification and staging, wound care, and more.
- A quick-reference table of contents in each section divider helps you find information easily, with handy cross-references to related content.
- A special section on the emotional impact of wounds helps you manage anxiety and pain.
- A Documentation section assists in working in skilled nursing facilities and home health care settings.
- Patient teaching resources include reliable websites, drugs, and consumer products.
- Information and references are included for the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN), which has a membership of over 4,300 nurse professionals, and the American Academy of Wound Management (AAWM), with over 2,600 members.