Forensic Nursing, 1E
- Publish Date: 2005-07-13
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Virginia A. Lynch MSN RN FAAN FAAFS
Written and edited by the foremost authorities in forensic nursing and forensic sciences, Forensic Nursing presents forensic science and nursing theory within the context of contemporary social issues. Includes topics such as crime scene investigation, evidence collection techniques, toxicology, DNA testing, blunt and sharp injuries, bite injuries, gunshot wounds, domestic and sexual violence, and death investigation. Also includes extensive coverage of legal standards and practices, including courtroom testimony, international law, and more.
- Written by experts in the field of forensic science
- First comprehensive book in this new nursing specialty
- Straightforward unit organization highlights important topics such as contemporary and forensic issues, techniques, mechanisms of injury, death investigation, and career opportunities.
- A 16-page color insert contains illustrations that relate key concepts to what you'll actually encounter in the field.
- 6 legal chapters cover testifying in court, international law, and more.
- Glossary of terms at the end of the book defines forensic terms.
- Key Points draw out important information for readers.
- Best Practices advise new students and remind experienced practitioners of key elements of good practice.
- Case studies in relevant chapters provide real-world examples.
- Appendices supply additional information such as forensic nursing diagnoses, body diagrams, evidence collection forms, and organ donation assessment documentation.