The Omega Diet: The Lifesaving Nutritional Program Based on the Diet of the Island of Crete
- Publish Date: 1999-03-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Artemis P. Simopoulos;Jo Robinson
The medically proven diet that restores your body's essential nutritional balance
Good fats --essential fatty acids--influence every aspect of our being, from the beating of our hearts to our ability to learn to remember. There are two types of essential fatty acids (EFAs), omega-6 and omega-3. The problem with our modern diet is that it contains far more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3s. This hidden imbalance makes us more vulnerable to heart disease, cancer, obesity, autoimmmune diseases, allergies, diabetes, and depression.
The Omega Diet is a natural, time-tested diet that balances the essential fatty acids in your diet. It is packed with delicious food that contain the good fats, including real salad dressing, cheese, eggs, fish--even the occasional chocolate dessert--and an abundance of antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, and legumes.
The Omega Diet provides:
- seven simple dietary guidelines for optimal physical and mental health
- a concise guide to the foods you need to restore your body's nutritional balance
- a diet plan that lets you eat fat as you lose fat
- fifty delicious recipes that are quick and easy to prepare
- a comprehensive three-week menu to help you get started