The Rise of Quality Assurance in Asian Higher Education
The Rise of Quality Assurance in Asian Higher Education provides information on the well researched quality assurance frameworks, processes, standards, and internal and external monitoring that have taken place around the globe. However, in Asia, where higher education has witnessed rapid growth, and is also contributing significantly to international education which is benefited by many developed countries, this data has not been readily available.
In recent years, governments in Asia have made significant investment with an aim of creating education hubs to ensure that higher education is internationally competitive. This book examines the developments in higher education quality assurance in eleven Asian countries, providing systematic insights into national quality assurance arrangements and also examining the different approaches governments in Asia have implemented based on social and economic contexts.
- Includes chapters from eleven countries that examine quality assurance arrangements
- Explores untold case studies of countries, such as Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Korea, India, and others
- Examines higher education context, quality assurance arrangements, effectiveness, challenges, and international quality assurance in Asia
- Offers contributions from leading scholars and practitioners who are working in higher education in Asia
- Provides engagement for research students