Diversity Amid Globalization: World Regions, Environment, Development
- Publish Date: 1999-10-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Martin Lewis;Marie Price;William Wyckoff
For Introductory World Regional Geography/Regional Geography Courses.
Students learn to think outside of the map
Diversity Amid Globalization takes students on a journey into the connections and diversity between people and placesthe contrasting regions of the worldwithin thematically organized regional chapters. With an arresting visual layout and new and updated content and maps throughout, the text maintains and strengthens its hallmark thematic organization and focus on globalization, while encouraging students to participate in the material using a number of stimulating, interactive learning tools.
Available with MasteringGeography, the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences,Diversity Amid Globalization, Sixth edition offers the most complete and integrated world regional program available today.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience for you and your students by providing
- Students learn how to think outside the map: MasteringGeography and textbook-integrated technology take students outside of the pages of the book, and into the world of distant places and people.
- An amplified global perspective through NEW and updated content: This new Sixth edition maintains, refines, and strengthens the texts hallmark thematic organization and focus on globalization in a number of ways.
New Everday Globalization features:
- In Population and Settlement sections, there is anew discussion of Demographic Transition that includes adding a fifth stage to traditional model.
- In Cultural Coherence and Diversity sections, there are two new sections: Gender and Globalization, and Sports and Globalization.
- In Geopolitical Framework sections, there are two new sections World Political Systems, and Decentralization and Devolution
- A consistent thematic chapter organization encourages students to compare regions and discourages memorization of facts and places.
- An active learning approach encourages student participation with the material and ensures effective reinforcement of the concepts through the texts pedagogy, fundamentals, and tone.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; Mastering does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Mastering search for ISBN-10: 0321948890/ISBN-13: 9780321948892. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321910060/ISBN-13: 9780321910066 and ISBN-10: 0321948416/ ISBN-13: 9780321948410