Introduction to Communication Disorders: A Lifespan Evidence-Based Perspective with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (5th Edition) (Pearson Comunication Sciences and Disorders)
- Publish Date: 2014-05-31
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Robert E. Owens Jr.;Kimberly A. Farinella;Dale Evan Metz
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book
The new Fifth Edition of this clear, comprehensive introduction to communication sciences and disorders continues the evidence-based, lifespan perspective as it reviews and explains the most recent research evidence pertaining to the assessment and treatment of communication disorder from birth through the end of life. In it, students gain a basic foundation in the areas of anatomy and physiology of the speech and hearing mechanisms, and an overview of the various disorders that affect voice, fluency, articulation, language, cognition, swallowing, and hearing, along with detailed descriptions of the varying etiologies that cause these impairments. The authors describe specific evaluation procedures and tools for each disorder, and discuss efficacious management approaches and techniques for both child and adult populations. Case studies, evidence-based practice summary boxes, video examples, technical and photographic illustrations, and Check Your Understanding and thought questions are featured as a means to maximize the students learning experience.
Introduction to Communication Disorders, 5/e is also available as an electronic eText; updated throughout to reflect the current state of clinical research, and updated to align with ASHAs new 2014 standards pertaining to voice and resonance disorders; completely reorganized into few chapters; and further revised to improve readability and simplify background information on subjects normally covered in other introductory courses. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, assessments, and internet resources.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad and Android tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133783715 / 9780133783711 Introduction to Communication Disorders: A Lifespan Evidence-Based Perspective with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 013335203X / 9780133352030 Introduction to Communication Disorders: A Lifespan Evidence-Based Perspective
- 0133756696 / 9780133756692 Introduction to Communication Disorders: A Lifespan Evidence-Based Perspective, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card