Juvenile Delinquency: Mainstream and Crosscurrents
- Publish Date: 2012-07-18
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: John Randolph Fuller
A Critical Issue Demands a Critical Approach.
Juvenile Delinquency: Mainstream and Crosscurrents, Second Edition, is a broad, comprehensive introduction to one of society's most pressing problems. Offering a highly analytical yet balanced approach, the book gets students to think critically about important real-world issues including the effects of inequality, race, class, and gender on juvenile delinquency and the justice system. Lively, engaging, and accessible, Juvenile Delinquency is ideal for juvenile delinquency courses in both criminal justice and sociology departments.
FEATURES OF THIS EDITION
* Straightforward explanations of theory, history, gender, and international issues
* Rich pedagogical features, including a new box program highlighting issues of race, class, and gender, as well as new review questions and learning objectives
* New chapter on substance abuse
* Enhanced coverage of many issues including biological theories of crime, prevention strategies and programs, and reentry
* Completely updated with the latest research, statistics, and developments in the field
* New companion website (www.oup.com/us/fuller) featuring a variety of resources
* A thoroughly updated Instructor's Manual (ISBN 978-0-19-994465-1) containing PowerPoint-based lecture slides, a test bank, and more