Introduction to Sports Biomechanics: Analysing Human Movement Patterns (Volume 2)
Introduction to Sports Biomechanics provides a genuinely accessible and comprehensive guide to all of the biomechanics topics covered in an undergraduate sports and exercise science degree.
Now revised and in its second edition, Introduction to Sports Biomechanics is full of visual aids to support the text. Every chapter contains cross references to key terms and definitions from that chapter, learning objectives and summaries, study tasks to confirm and extend your understanding, and suggestions to further your reading.
Clearly structured and with many student friendly features, the text covers:
- movement patterns exploring the essence and purpose of movement analysis
- qualitative analysis of sports movements
- movement patterns and the geometry of motion
- quantitative measurement and analysis of movement
- force and torques causes of movement
- the human body and the anatomy of movement.
This editionis supported by a website containing animation and video clips, and offers sample data tables for comparison and analysis and multiple choice questions to confirm your understanding of the material in each chapter. Introduction to Sports Biomechanicsis a must have for students of sport and exercise, human movement sciences, ergonomics, biomechanics, and sports performance and coaching.
Visit the companion website at: www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415339940.