The Complete Hogan: A Shot-By-Shot Analysis Of Golf'S Greatest Swing
- Publish Date: 2012-01-01
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Jim McLean;Tom McCarthy
Golf legend Ben Hogan had the perfect golf swing, but how exactly it worked has long been a mysteryuntil now. Using footage from three never-before analyzed films of Hogan at his very best, Jim McLean analyzes the crucial motions of Hogan's entire golf swing and shows you how to integrate his mechanics into your own game. You'll study Hogan's blend of club head, club shaft, hands, ankles, knees, hops, shoulders, and head motiona symphony of movements with an ideal sequential development of power. It's as close as you can get to teeing it up with Hogan yourself.
- Uses more than one hundred stills from three rare films to analyze every key detail of Hogan's perfect swing before the car accident that changed his play, something no book on Hogan has ever done
- Reveals the fifteen secrets of Hogan's swing, covering important topics such as the grip, the waggle, the left hip action, lateral motion, rotation and turning movements, head position, and more
- Draws extensively on the knowledge of Hogan's friends and competitors, many of them golfing greats themselves
- Written by one of Golf Digest's top five teachers , a pioneer in video analysis who also saw Hogan play first hand
There have been many books on Hogan's swing, but never one, including his own, that illustrates his swing at its most perfect, and never one that shows its mechanics so clearly and completely.