Clinical Care Conundrums: Challenging Diagnoses In Hospital Medicine
- Publish Date: 2013-03-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: James C. Pile;Thomas E. Baudendistel;Brian Harte
Introducing the first evidence-based casebook for hospital clinicians
This book introduces illustrated, evidence-based clinical cases drawn from real-world hospital practice. Geared to the needs of hospital clinicians, Clinical Care Conundrums: Challenging Diagnoses in Hospital Medicine focuses on sharpening clinical reasoning and diagnostic skills, giving readers the tools to recognize and diagnose a wide array of diseases, while promoting diagnostic safety in hospital medicine.
Written by leading experts on the topics under discussion, this volume offers a hand-picked collection of case studies from the widely popular Clinical Care Conundrum (CCC) series found in the Journal of Hospital Medicine. Each chapter presents a case to an expert clinician, who explains his or her approach to diagnosing challenging medical dilemmas. Each chapter concludes with a concise review of recent literature and, if applicable, with discussions of cognitive errors that may impact clinical diagnosis and patient care. Readers will find:
- An appealing presentation style that combines high-quality images and text
- Coverage of both common conditions and uncommon but important diseases encountered in the hospital setting
- A look at the state of the art of clinical reasoning, an area of critical interest to clinicians
- Practical pearls for each case study that readers can apply in their own practice
Clinical Care Conundrums is an indispensable reference for hospitalists, hospital-based physicians and midlevel providers, physicians-in-training, and the many other medical practitioners who come up against difficult cases on a daily basis.