- Publish Date: 2011-08-15
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Robert A. G. Monks;Nell Minow
In the wake of the recent global financial collapse the timely new edition of this successful text provides students and business professionals with a welcome update of the key issues facing managers, boards of directors, investors, and shareholders.
In addition to its authoritative overview of the history, the myth and the reality of corporate governance, this new edition has been updated to include:
- analysis of the financial crisis;
- the reasons for the global scale of the recession
- the failure of international risk management
- An overview of corporate governance guidelines and codes of practice;
- new cases.
Once again in the new edition of their textbook, Robert A. G. Monks and Nell Minow show clearly the role of corporate governance in making sure the right questions are asked and the necessary checks and balances in place to protect the long-term, sustainable value of the enterprise.
Features 18 case studies of institutions and corporations in crisis, and analyses the reasons for their fall (Cases include Lehman Brothers, General Motors, American Express, Time Warner, IBM and Premier Oil.)