Teaching And Learning Mathematics: Pre-Kindergarten Through Middle School
- Publish Date: 2004-03-29
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Linda Jensen Sheffield;Douglas E. Cruikshank
Help students make sense of mathematics
Rather than merely discussing how to improve students ability to do mathematics,this fifth editionfocuses on helping them make sense of mathematics. Based on research on the functioning of the mind as it engages in learning, the text supports teachers as they promote mathematical understanding, strengthen students abilities to think, and help students to attain computational fluency.
- A rich collection of ready-to-use learning activities
- Fullyintegrated language and intent of Principles and Standards for School Mathematics (PSSM).
- A greater emphasis on problem solving and higher-level thinking Agreater focus on teaching mathematics to diverse learners
- Descriptions of a variety of promising and effective mathematics programs for the K 8 levels