Delivering World-Class Technical Support
- Publish Date: 1996-10-21
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Navtej (Kay) Khandpur;Lori Laub
A total guide to developing, managing, and marketing a world-class technical support organization
When shopping for computer hardware and software, one thing that every customer looks for is quality technical support. Written by two technical support experts, Delivering World-Class Technical Support tells you everything you need to know to plan, develop, market, and manage a top-flight technical support operation that wins and keeps customers.
Drawing upon their extensive experience at award-winning technical support organizations, Kay Khandpur and Lori Laub tell you everything they know about:
- Which services to offer or not to offer.
- How to recruit, train, and motivate technical support staff.
- Using the Internet and Web to connect with and service your customers.
- Work distribution, scheduling, and other organizational issues.
- How to budget for and staff your department.
- Selecting the right tools for increased productivity.
- How to price and market your support offerings.
- Measuring and improving department performance.
- Using technical support to gather valuable customer information.
- How the efficiency of technical support impacts on your company's bottom line
- Outsourcing and partnering technical support to third parties.
Delivering World-Class Technical Support shows you how to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of your technical support department while winning new customers.