Power Interviews: Job-Winning Tactics From Fortune 500 Recruiters
- Publish Date: 1998-01-19
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Neil M. Yeager;Lee Hough
Interviewing in today's fiercely competitive job market can seem like walking through a minefield. New trends in corporate strategy and structure have led to dramatic changes in what employers look for in prospective employees and in the types of questions you will be asked during an interview.
In this revised and expanded edition of their bestselling career guide, two experienced counselors share their inside knowledge --and the expert advice of Fortune 500 recruiters --to equip you with the interviewing skills you need to land the job. Here's where you'll find:
* The key characteristics that leading companies look for in prospective employees --and how to project them
* The fifty most frequently asked questions --as well as detailed scripts of the best answers
* The Power Prep Strategy --practice sessions to perfect your interview techniques
* Tips on positioning yourself during an interview --how to convey your added value
* Strategies for power negotiating, overcoming differences with an interviewer, narrowing your job search --and much more.