Heating, Cooling, Lighting: Design Methods for Architects
- Publish Date: 2000-12-18
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Norbert Lechner
* Qualitative graphic approach to understanding the techniques of heating, cooling, and lighting reflects the decision-making approach of architects and students.
* Useful appendices provide sun path diagrams and solar site evaluation tools. Appendices new to this edition include practical checklists of strategies and issues in evaluating energy use in the building design stage, and an annotated list of helpful sustainability videos to use in class, professional meetings, or with clients.
* A new chapter on photovoltaics discusses their use as an ideal energy source, offers design options, and case studies as well as their future role in building design.
* A new chapter on sustainable green design includes case studies and examples of water conservation measures, effects from energy production and consumption, and an analysis of indoor air quality.
* Mathematical formulas are excerpted from the text and appear in side boxes, so they don't cloud the text with overly-technical information.