The Colloidal Domain: Where Physics, Chemistry, Biology, And Technology Meet
- Publish Date: 1999-02-17
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: D. Fennell Evans;Hkan Wennerstrm
This new edition provides students and professionals with a comprehensive and up-to-date treatment of colloid science theory, methods, and applications. Emphasizing the molecular interactions that determine the properties of colloidal systems, the authors provide an authoritative account of critical developments in colloid science that have occurred over the past several decades.
Combining all of the best features of a professional reference and a student text, the Second Edition features:
* Concept maps preceding each chapter that put subject matter into perspective.
* Numerous worked examples - many new to this edition - illustrating key concepts.
* More than 250 high-quality illustrations that help clarify processes described.
* A new chapter that integrates the development of colloid science and technology in the twentieth century with challenges facing the field today.
The Colloidal Domain, Second Edition is an indispensable professional resource for chemists and chemical engineers working in an array of industries, including petrochemicals, food, agricultural, ceramic, coatings, forestry, and paper products. It is also a superb educational tool for advanced undergraduate and graduate-level students of physical chemistry and chemical engineering.