Gc/Ms: A Practical User'S Guide
- Publish Date: 1998-06-25
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Marvin C. McMaster;Christopher McMaster
A unique practical guide to building, using, and maintaining a complete GC/MS system.
Though gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is one of the most effective and popular methods of separating, identifying, and quantifying compounds in complex mixtures, there have been no comprehensive handbooks to date that clearly explain the setup and maintenance of a functional GC/MS system. Now Marvin and Christopher McMaster have created the hands-on resource that researchers and students need to get their own systems up and running quickly. Covering everything from necessary components to tuning, troubleshooting, and processing data, it allows even those with little prior knowledge of GC/MS to perform their own analyses and gather the data they require. GC/MS: A Practical User's Guide contains:
* Full coverage of vital equipment, including the function, costs, and advantages of both desktop and floor-standing systems
* A walkthrough of a basic GC/MS analysis and an examination of key methods of structural data interpretation
* Extensive information on GC/MS system optimization
* An exploration of the various research and environmental uses of GC/MS systems
* An extended section on liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry to enhance comprehension of the gas method.
For organic, analytical, clinical, environmental, and forensic chemists in all types of laboratories-and for students in all of these specialties -this book will be an invaluable companion for years to come.