Molecular Visions Organic Model Kit With Molecular Modeling Handbook
- Publish Date: 1999-08-06
- Binding: Misc. Supplies
- Author: T. W. Graham Solomons
Regular price $27.89 Sale price
- Manufactured by Darling Model Kits, this custom kit was designed by T.W.Graham Solomons.
- The kit consists of Darling's basic Molecular Vision kit with a few additional pieces, so that p orbitals could be shown in molecules like acetylene.
- This customized kit also has pieces that allow linear geometry for the sigma bonds of alkynes while also having orthogonal connections at each atom for the associated p orbitals.
- By attaching balls of the right colors it is possible to show the lobes of the p orbitals that make up the pi bonds in an alkyne.
- Ball colors can be matched symmetrically to show in-phase orbital overlap, or antisymmetrically to show an antibonding state.
- Use of colored balls with the appropriate framework geometry is a very nice feature of the Darling model set.
- Pieces from Darling's inorganic model set and are used for octahedral geometry.