Experiments With Mixtures: Designs, Models, And The Analysis Of Mixture Data
- Publish Date: 2002-02-07
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: John Cornell
The most comprehensive, single-volume guide to conducting experiments with mixtures
If one is involved, or heavily interested, in experiments on mixtures of ingredients, one must obtain this book. It is, as was the first edition, the definitive work.
-Short Book Reviews (Publication of the International Statistical Institute)
The text contains many examples with worked solutions and with its extensive coverage of the subject matter will prove invaluable to those in the industrial and educational sectors whose work involves the design and analysis of mixture experiments.
-Journal of the Royal Statistical Society
The author has done a great job in presenting the vital information on experiments with mixtures in a lucid and readable style. . . . A very informative, interesting, and useful book on an important statistical topic.
-Zentralblatt fur Mathematik und Ihre Grenzgebiete
Experiments with Mixtures shows researchers and students how to design and set up mixture experiments, then analyze the data and draw inferences from the results. Virtually every technique that has appeared in the literature of mixtures can be found here, and computing formulas for each method are provided with completely worked examples. Almost all of the numerical examples are taken from real experiments. Coverage begins with Scheffe lattice designs, introducing the use of independent variables, and ends with the most current methods. New material includes:
* Multiple response cases
* Residuals and least-squares estimates
* Categories of components: Mixtures of mixtures
* Fixed as well as variable values for the major component proportions
* Leverage and the Hat Matrix
* Fitting a slack-variable model
* Estimating components of variances in a mixed model using ANOVA table entries
* Clarification of blocking mates and choice of mates
* Optimizing several responses simultaneously
* Biplots for multiple responses