Fundamentals Of Modern Manufacturing: Materials, Processes, And Systems, 2Nd Edition
- Publish Date: 2001-11-06
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Mikell P. Groover
Most introductory books on manufacturing processes focus almost exclusively on metals. Although metals are certainly important, ceramics, polymers, composites, and silicon are increasingly important as engineering and manufacturing materials today.
The second edition of Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing provides a comprehensively treatment of these other materials and their processing, without sacrificing its solid coverage of metals and metal processing. In addition, new chapters have been included on Rapid Prototyping and Microfabrication. And new sections have been added on a variety of other topics, including High Speed Machining and Nanofabrication.
Other features of Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing Materials, Processes, and Systems include:
* Emphasis on how material properties relate to the process variables in a given process.
* Emphasis on manufacturing science and quantitative engineering analysis of manufacturing processes.
* More than 500 quantitative problems are included as end of chapter exercises.
* Multiple choice quizzes in all but one chapter (approximately 500 questions).
* Coverage of electronics manufacturing, one of the most commercially important areas in today's technology oriented economy.
* Historical notes are included to introduce manufacturing from the earliest materials and processes, like woodworking, to the most recent.