Statics And Mechanics Of Materials: An Integrated Approach
- Publish Date: 2001-10-30
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: William F. Riley;Leroy D. Sturges;Don H. Morris
* Use of Free-Body Diagrams. Authors, Riley, Sturges and Morris, feel that a proper free-body diagram is very important in all mechanics courses. Whenever an equation of equilibrium is written, a complete, proper free-body diagram accompanies it.
* Problem Solving Procedures. Statics and Mechanics of Materials: An Integrated Approach provides students with an effective methodology for problem decomposition and solution, the ability to present results in a clear, and logical manner is emphasized throughout the text.
* Homework Problems. Over 1100 homework problems allow for varied problem assignments. Each set of problems represents a range of difficulty and is grouped according to this range of difficulty.
* SI vs. U.S. Customary Units are used in equal proportions in the text for both example and homework problems.