Core Concepts Of Real Estate Principles And Practices
- Publish Date: 2003-06-12
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: James E. Larsen
* Decision Points. Highlighted Decision Points in each chapter encourage students to think more deeply about particular issues. The questions require students to exercise their own judgment and the information that precedes the Decision Point.
* Ethical Issues. This is the first real estate text to explicitly incorporate ethics. Highlighted sections pose an ethical question for the students to consider and open up topics for class discussion.
* Steps-in -the-process approach. Larsen organizes the chapters so students are introduced to information they are interested in right away: how buy, the RE transaction. This is unique and will get students motivated.
* From the Wire. Each chapter begins with a high interest/high impact actual RE issue or newsworthy item?from the freshman at University of Arizona who runs the states largest real estate marketing Web site to Fannie Mae's Smart Commute program. These illustrate how the chapter topics relate to what is actually happening today in the world of real estate.
* Doing Business sidebars. These are high interest business issues and examples that apply the real estate concepts being discussed. They may be technology oriented-showing how technology is impacting the RE business (automating e-mail contacts) or ethical issues-(be loyal first to your clients), or general in nature. Each Doing Business sidebar offers an inside look at the practical side of the real estate business.
* Real Estate on the Web. These are end of chapter exercises and activities that ask students to explore the Web and familiarize themselves with the leading real estate sites.
* Practitioner profiles. Each chapter has a profile of a genexer who has made a name for themselves in real estate. This is high interest in keeping with the relevance theme of the text. Studenst are interested in success stories of people their own age.
* Book Web Site. The Web site features practice quizzes, supplemental material (e.g., Pre-licensing and Continuing Education Requirements for real estate licensees, detailed career information), and sample documents.