System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications, 2nd Edition (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
- Publish Date: 2003-12-05
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Marvin Rausand;Arnljot Hyland
A thoroughly updated and revised look at system reliability theory
Since the first edition of this popular text was published nearly a decade ago, new standards have changed the focus of reliability engineering and introduced new concepts and terminology not previously addressed in the engineering literature. Consequently, the Second Edition of System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications has been thoroughly rewritten and updated to meet current standards.
To maximize its value as a pedagogical tool, the Second Edition features:
- Additional chapters on reliability of maintained systems and reliability assessment of safety-critical systems
- Discussion of basic assessment methods for operational availability and production regularity
- New concepts and terminology not covered in the first edition
- Revised sequencing of chapters for better pedagogical structure
- New problems, examples, and cases for a more applied focus
- An accompanying Web site with solutions, overheads, and supplementary information
With its updated practical focus, incorporation of industry feedback, and many new examples based on real industry problems and data, the Second Edition of this important text should prove to be more useful than ever for students, instructors, and researchers alike.