Personnel Economics For Managers
- Publish Date: 1997-06-29
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Edward P. Lazear
* How do you recruit the best employees?
* How does a firm go about downsizing?
* How important is money relative to other factors?
* How and when should evaluations be conducted?
* How should stock options be structured to maximize incentives? How are training and turnover linked?
* Should you reward good performance or penalize bad performance?
In this new book, Personnel Economics for Managers, Professor Lazear answers these and many other personnel management questions. His unique approach, using economics to explore human resource topics, builds human resource systems as an entire structure with no one department independent of another. After reading this book, you will finally have a detailed analysis in a field that has traditionally lacked the resources to back up theories and statements.