Financial Accounting In An Economic Context
- Publish Date: 2005-03-02
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Jamie Pratt
Fully updated and revised, the sixth edition of Financial Accounting explores important concepts from an economic perspective. By focusing on three elemental themes--economic factors, measurement issues, and decision-making perspective--you will gain a better understanding of the relevance of principles as applied in the real world. Virtually every concept covered refers to a real company, a real situation, or a real event.
The sixth edition:
- Presents a new corporate governance theme that is integrated throughout the book.
- Places an increased emphasis on analysis in the middle chapters.
- Provides new EOC materials that require readers to analyze the financial statements of real companies using a new database available on the Pratt BCS.
- Reflects the most current thinking in the field with the help of over 10,000 relevant references to actual events and real companies.
- Includes in-depth discussions of legal liability, ethical issues, and management's incentives and influence on financial reports.