- Publish Date: 2005-11-04
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Daniel W. Halpin
Get the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful construction manager with the thoroughly updated new edition of Halpin's Construction Management. The book reflects the most recent developments in industry practice, introduces you to the complex business of developing and constructing a major facility or structure, and examines the skills needed to be a successful construction manager.
You'll learn how to manage resources (money, machines, material, and men), contracts, changing conditions, and unforeseen events as well as about new safety procedures and the most recent industry statistics and practices.
This edition features:
- New information on value engineering, earned value, product delivery systems, and the difference between purchasing construction and purchasing manufactured speculative products.
- New material on scope of work, defining the project, and how to break the project into work packages in the context of a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- A companion Web site that allows you to simulate construction operations.
- Chapters on estimating, cost control, and analysis of construction operations that provide relevant information for actual practice.
- The physical systems approach to construction management.
Order your copy today.