Professional Practice For Interior Designers
- Publish Date: 2007-11-02
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Christine M. Piotrowski
The text of choice for professional interior design practice -- now with companion CD-ROM!
Since publication of the first edition in 1990, Professional Practice for Interior Designers has remained the leading choice for educators for teaching interior design business practice as well as for professionals seeking to advance in their own practices. This ASID/Polsky Prize winner is recommended by the NCIDQ for exam preparation and covers the gamut of legal, financial, management, marketing, administrative, and ethical issues. You gain all the essential skills needed for planning and maintaining a thriving interior design business, presented in the clear, easy-to-follow style that is the hallmark of this text.
This edition is completely current with the latest business practices and features a host of new practice aids:
- Companion CD-ROM includes a trial version of professional practice software, business forms, numerous short articles, plus additional information and resources.
- New examples help you manage the latest challenges and implement the latest business practices.
- A new chapter devoted to strategic planning explains this important business concept in easy-to-understand language for students and professionals.
- Brief what would you do case studies in each chapter challenge you to respond to ethical issues faced by today's interior designers.
From creating a business plan to launching a promotional campaign to setting up a computerized accounting system, everything you need to launch and sustain a successful interior design practice is here.