Introduction To The Us Health Care System (Wiley Desktop Editions)
- Publish Date: 2006-11-10
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Dennis D. Pointer
You can get there
Where do you want to go? You might already be working in a health care or business setting. You may be looking to expand your skills. Or, you might be setting out on a new career path.
Wherever you want to go, Introduction to U.S. Health Care will help you get there. Easy-to-read, practical, and up-to-date, this text not only helps you learn fundamental concepts of the American health care system; it also helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed in the classroom and beyond. The book's brief, modular format and variety of built-in learning resources enable you to learn at your own pace and focus your studies.
With this book, you will be able to:
* Understand the role of governing boards and the challenges they face.
* Compare and contrast the primary-care and specialty-care models.
* Explore recent health care reforms that affect the primary-care model.
* Examine how we pay for health care.
* Learn about the many different roles played by the health care workforce.
* Discover how medical miracles are financed.
* Trace the evolution of hospitals throughout the nation's history and through their current state.
* Assess the reasons behind the growing reliance on ambulatory care.
* Understand who needs long-term care, why, and what the choices are.
* Explore the challenges of providing health services for society's most vulnerable groups.
* Identify obstacles in caring for the uninsured.
* Examine the types of managed care organizations, such as HMOs, PPOs, and POS plans.
* Explore current and future challenges for the health care industry.
* Understand the impact of new and emerging laws, regulations, and initiatives.
Wiley Pathways helps you achieve your goals
When it comes to learning about health care, not everyone is on the same path. But everyone wants to succeed. The new Wiley Pathways series in Health Care Management helps you achieve your goals with its brief, inviting format, clear language, and focus on core competencies and skills.
The books in this series--Introduction to U.S. Health Care, Health Care Economics, Health Care Management, and Health Care Law and Ethics--offer a coordinated curriculum for learning health care management. Learn more at www.wiley.com/go/pathways.