Commentary For Academic Writing For Graduate Students, 3Rd Ed.: Essential Tasks And Skills (Michigan Series In English For Academic & Professional Purposes)
- Publish Date: 2012-07-30
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: John M. Swales;Christine Feak
The Commentary for the third edition of this successful guide to writinghas been revised and expanded in many ways to provide more support for instructors; this includes additional tasks for Units Two and Four to supplement the main text. However, the collegial tone established in previous Commentaries between Swales & Feak and instructors has been retained.
This volume contains commentaries on each of the eight units plus the two appendixes. The format for each unit includes
- a summary of the main points of the unit along with a list of topics covered.
- a synopsis of activities, divided into Language Focus sections and description of tasks.
- some general notes designed to capture the character of the unit, to indicate alternative activities, or to anticipate problems that may arise.
- detailed commentary and discussion of individual tasks, including model or sample answers where possible.