The Hospice Choice: In Pursuit Of A Peaceful Death
- Publish Date: 1998-03-18
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Marcia Lattanzi-Licht;Galen W. Miller;John J. Mahoney
Hospice is the primary system to provide care for the terminally ill and their families. Warm, compassionate, and absolutely practical, this definitive resource from the National Hospice Organization will answer all your questions about hospice care and will show you how to make this comprehensive and flexible system work for you and your family.
The Hospice Choice illustrates the gamut of situations dying people and their families may face and suggests ways to manage them. Throughout is information on the broad range of services hospice can provide:
- Physicians and Nursing Services: to help with care specifically designed to keep the patient comfortable and at home
- Counseling Services: to help families and patients sort out their needs and responses
- Respite Services: to allow caregivers needed breaks
- Bereavement Counseling: to provide support for surviving family members and significant others for as much as a full year after loss
The Hospice Choicealso addresses sensitive issues like methods of payment, issues of ethnicity, the special problems raised by sudden death, and the realities of caregiver exhaustion. It will give you the concrete information, support, and encouragement that will help you make wise, compassionate decisions for yourself and for your loved ones.