Sober...And Staying That Way: The Missing Link In The Cure For Alcoholism
- Publish Date: 1999-03-19
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Susan Powter
Stop the Insanity!, Susan Powter's first bestselling book, changed the way millions of people look at the diet-and-fitness industry and helped them get lean, strong, and healthy. Now, is Sober...and Staying That Way, Susan once again shares a practical and proven program: the missing link in the treatment for alcoholism.
This book isn't written just for alcoholics. It is written for everyone who wants to participate in the solution to a problem that affects us all. Alcoholism is the number-one killer of young adults in the United States, and the third-largest killer in our country. If you are interested in the missing link, you must:
* Make the alcoholism-and-disease connection
* Understand the biochemistry of alcoholics
* Make the political, profit, and powerful lobby connections to you and your sobriety
* Wipe out the morality, weakness-of-will, and powerlessness thinking of current recovery programs
You will be able to:
* Heal the damage that's been done
* Support the biochemical environment for sobriety
* Balance your glucose-deprived brain
Sober...and Staying That Way will show you how to get away forever from the shame-based sobriety programs, and how to work toward integrating nearly four decades of well-established research with information that is now available to you and to those you love for the treatment of the disease of alcoholism.