Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine, 4e
- Publish Date: 2003-10-24
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: James R. Roberts;Jerris Hedges
The standard in emergency procedures for both children and adults is back...completely revised and updated in a new 4th Edition. Detailed, step-by-step instructions and illustrations help to ensure that every technique is performed correctly. Each chapter explores the full range of issues surrounding a clinical procedure, including indications and contraindications, equipment, technique, interpretation, complications, and more.
- Provides new chapters on use of monitoring devices, vagal maneuvers, EKG techniques, procedures during pregnancy standard precautions and infectious exposure management, and the management, administrative, and educational aspects of clinical procedures.
- Offers a new section on teaching procedures to residents and house staff.
- Features 30% new authors, including 4 new associate editors, ensuring a broad perspective.
- Includes over 500 new illustrations
- With 112 additional contributing experts.