Ethics for OCR Religious Studies: The Complete Resource for AS and A2
- Publish Date: 2015-06-22
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Mark Coffey;Dennis Brown
Please note: this book is for students taking the pre-2016 OCR GCE Religious Studies AS and A2 specification. The new book is called Religion and Ethics for OCR: The Complete Resource for the New Specification.
Ethics for OCR Religious Studies: The Complete Resource for AS and A2 is an ideal guide for students taking AS and A2 courses in the pre-2016 OCR GCE Religious Studies specification (H172 and H572). Ethics for OCR provides a rigorous and accessible introduction to both historical and contemporary ethical debates. Drawing on insights from recent examiners reports and mark schemes, and following the OCR course outline closely, Mark Coffey and Dennis Browns landmark book includes:
- Up-to-date discussions of key debates in religious ethics
- Ethical theories set in their historical context
- Attention given to contemporary developments in law, science, technology, and society
- A thorough guide to writing the perfect exam answer
- A detailed exposition of OCRs assessment criteria and how best to meet them
- Profiles of leading ethical, philosophical and religious thinkers, a chapter by chapter glossary, and helpful chapter summaries
- Discussion points, activity boxes and past paper questions
The most comprehensive book on the market, Ethics for OCR Religious Studies provides a rigorous and accessible introduction to both historical and contemporary ethical debates, including chapters on sexual and environmental and business ethics. Written with verve and clarity, the books user-friendly style and attention to detail will help students of all abilities to achieve their best.