Sociology for A2 AQA
- Publish Date: 2014-06-23
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Ken Browne;Jonathan Blundell;Pamela Law;Margaret Whalley
The second edition of Browne, Blundell, Law and Whalleys widely used textbook has been extensively revised to fully satisfy the AQAs A2 sociology specification. The book combines sociological rigour and accessibility in a way unrivalled by any other book at this level.
Drawing on insights from recent examiners reports and mark schemes, and restructuring the materials to follow more closely the A2 specification and the AQAs recommended scheme of work, the new edition also includes:
- up-to-date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates;
- extra exam-style questions on every specification topic;
- special sections on research methods in the chapters on crime and deviance, and stratification and differentiation;
- full-colour photographs, diagrams and cartoons, to bring ideas to life and fire students' imaginations;
- a dedicated website at www.politybooks.com/browne, with resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Key sociological terms are systematically highlighted throughout the text and are included in a comprehensive glossary, with thoughtful questions and activities at important points within the chapters to develop and test students' understanding further.
Pitched at exactly the right level for the AQA A2 sociology specification, the book provides all the tools necessary to help students achieve top grades and encourage them to take their study of sociology further. Following on from the accompanying Sociology for AS AQA, this is the perfect resource for success in sociology.