Economics for Business: A Guide to Decision Making in a Complex Global Macroeconomy
- Publish Date: 2015-11-28
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Ivan K. Cohen
With a truly global perspective, this book merges business content with economics, making it an ideal introduction to economics for MBA students. It explains key concepts and provides the tools needed to make decisions, sustain competitive advantage, and confront business complexities with confidence. Each chapter contains a clear learning objective and learning outcomes, definitions of key terms, illustrations, charts, and graphs, and bullet point chapter summaries at the end.
Students will be able to understand:
- the crucial importance of the financial system to individual business and the macroeconomy
- the process of globalization and its implication for business
- the role of the market as well as supply and demand
- the impact of demand on branding and brand loyalty
- pricing strategies under various market structures
The book also includes free supporting online resources, including extra case studies and exam questions and answers, PowerPoint lecture slides, and links to current and relevant articles.