- Publish Date: 2004-01-21
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Mike Freeman PhD MPhil BSc MInstP(Hon) CGIA;Christopher Hull
Thoroughly updated and revised, this definitive textbook continues to be the best available resource on the theory of optics and applications in optometry, ophthalmology, and vision science. It presents a complete overview of basic topics in optics and provides a strong foundation for further learning.
- Comprehensive information on optics makes this book the definitive source on the subject.
- A bright, two-color design enhances the text and aids the reader's understanding.
- Completely updated and revised to present the latest information in the field.
- All illustrations are now highlighted with a second color to aid understanding.
- A new color plate section provides clear, excellent-quality photographs to vividly illustrate important concepts.
- More information is included on aspheric lenses, with a new chapter on aspheric lenses.
- Many new questions and exercises reinforce important points and help readers understand the material.
- The contents have been entirely reorganized for a more logical, easy-to-follow approach.
- A new glossary defines all key terms from the chapters for convenient reference.