Public House and Beverage Management
- Publish Date: 2000-09-21
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Michael Flynn;Caroline Ritchie;Andrew Roberts
'Public House & Beverage Management' provides students with a practical guide to the management aspects of the licensed trade industry.
'Public House & Beverage Management' introduces students to:
* Key players
* Variations in service offer
* Types of management arrangement (managed, leased, tenanted, franchise, freehouse)
* Customers and segments
* Labour markets and employees
* Key elements in the business units
* Retailing skills.
The combined experiences of the authors are reflected in the text, as between them they have a vast range of experience as: publican, hotelier, chef and sommelier. Enhanced by this is their teaching and research covering food service, cellar management, marketing and wines and spirit education.