Oh's Intensive Care Manual, 5e
- Publish Date: 2003-07-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Andrew D Bersten MB BS MD FANZCA FJFICM;Neil Soni MB ChB MD FANZCA FRCA FJFICM;Teik E. Oh MB BS MD FRCP FRCPE FRACP FRCA FANZCA FFICANHZCA FHKAM
In the 5th Edition of this important text, practical, concise information on intensive care is presented in a clear and accessible style. The text covers a broad spectrum of intensive care medicine with enough detail to eliminate the need to refer to a larger reference book. This thoroughly revised and updated edition reflects the best and most current practices from leading international centres.
- Presents completely redrawn illustrations for increased understanding, consistency and accessibility.
- Offers practical, concise information on all aspects of intensive care, presented in a clear and accessible style.
- The fully updated contents reflect best practice from leading international centers.
- This is a working textbook that covers the broad spectrum of intensive care medicine, providing sufficient detail on each topic, without the need to refer to large reference books.
- Provides a new section on Shock with 5 new chapters: Shock - an overview, Haemodynamic monitoring, Monitoring Oxygenation, Lactic Acidosis, Multiple Organ Dysfunction.
- Offers 13 new chapters: Ethics in Intensive Care, Common problems after ICU, Clinical Information Systems, Imaging the Chest, Non-Invasive Ventilation, Abdominal Surgical Problems, Pre-existing Disease in Pregnancy, Tropical Diseases, Blast Injury, Gun Shot Wounds & Stabbing, Biological Warfare, Vasopressors & Inotopes, Vasodilators, Paediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.