Pathophysiology: An Essential Text for the Allied Health Professions, 1e
- Publish Date: 2005-10-17
- Binding: Paperback
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This book addresses key topics essential to pathophysiology, written especially for physical therapists, occupational therapists, and other rehabilitation professionals. Each chapter provides fundamental descriptions of diseases followed by current knowledge on the cellular and molecular mechanisms responsible for disease processes. Coverage focuses on the knowledge and skills required for successful patient care in the clinical environment, with specific chapters on muscle, nerve, and the pathophysiological effects of movement, immobility, and aging.
- Physiology material presented is particularly relevant to physical therapists and other rehabilitation professionals.
- Content thoroughly addresses the requirements of occupational therapy and physical therapy clinicians
- Key points and summaries make the information accessible and easy to follow.
- Current evidence is presented on the biological basis of disease, and biological processes are linked to clinical manifestations and therapeutic management.
- Easy-to-follow flow charts summarize disease processes.
- Lists of journal articles and texts direct the reader to sources for more in-depth information.
- Radiographs, scans, and photographs illustrate disease processes.