Physiotherapy: A Psychosocial Approach, 3e
- Publish Date: 2004-03-15
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Sally French MCSP DipTP BSc MSc(Psych) MSc(Soc) PhD;Julius Sim BA MSc(Soc) MSc(Stat) PhD FSS FRSA
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Innovative, analytical and stimulating, this 3rd edition of Physiotherapy: A Psychosocial Approach completely updates the text and aims to provide readers with a solid understanding of their field. This new edition introduces new topics of relevance to physical therapists. It includes many new authors who have knowledge and experience of physical therapy and physical therapy education and who are experts in their particular fields.
- The text offers a comprehensive exploration of the psychological and sociological factors as they apply to health, illness, impairment, and disability.
- Wide range of topics covered includes material on the details of interpersonal communication and the impact of political factors on health status.
- The issues covered in this volume are relevant to readers from all countries.
- Contributions from a new editor offer the reader an even greater amount of experience from the perspective of both a lecturer and researcher.
- New chapters including Professions and Professional Work and Participatory Research cover important topics for practitioners.
- The important topic of pain has been considerably expanded, including more content that it both up-to-date and thorough.