Events Feasibility and Development (Events Management)
- Publish Date: 2011-08-14
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: William O'Toole
Events Feasibility and Development: From Strategy to Operations describes the optimum way to develop and grow events. It demonstrates how governments and companies create the event portfolio to maximise their investment. It describes the latest in the growing event industry around the world: the creation of event strategies.
With a user-friendly learning structure containing bullet points, questions and exercises, and international case studies including the 'Torch Relay' and the 'Opening of the Doha Asian Games', Events Feasibility and Development: From Strategy to Operations looks at issues such as:
- the process of creating a feasibility study
- events forecasting models, asses management and cost/benefit analysis
- event strategies and the development of the event portfolio
- types of events (exhibitions, sports, festivals) and their benefits and returns
- project management tools and process mapping event management.
The author's companion website www.eventsfd.comcontains videos, colour photos and a list of related resources. The author has also created acourse to go alongside this textbook which canbe found here: http://www.eventsfd.com/Course%20on%20Events%20Feasibility%20and%20Development.html. This edition is also supported by an online lecturer's resource.