Health and Safety Pocket Book (Routledge Pocket Books)
- Publish Date: 2006-08-25
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Jeremy Stranks
The Health and Safety Pocket Book is a handy reference tool for practising health and safety professionals, auditors, managers, HR personnel, employee representatives and anyone with health and safety responsibilities.
It is an essential compilation of guidance, data and checklists covering a wide range of health and safety topics, supported by extensive key glossary terms. The A-Z arrangement within the chapters and extensive cross-referencing make the book easy to navigate, while its size and scope make it the ideal volume for ready reference and site visits. The book will also be useful for health and safety courses at all levels.
Key features include:
- The principal health and safety legal requirements for every industry
- Safety management elements and systems
- Checklists for major hazards affecting all industries
- A wealth of charts, hard to remember details and data
- A glossary of the main concepts of health and safety
- A list of important health and safety courses, publications and organisations
Jeremy Stranks has over 40 years' experience in occupational safety and health enforcement, management consultancy and training. He is a founding member of NEBOSH and has lectured on all aspects of health and safety. His company Safety & Hygiene Consultants offers organisations advice in the preparation of Statements of Health and Safety Policy, risk assessment and safety monitoring procedures, together with in-house training for all levels of management. He also undertakes expert witness work in both criminal and civil cases.