Stroke in Children and Young Adults: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 2e
- Publish Date: 2009-03-23
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Jos Biller
The revised and updated second edition of this comprehensive text continues to offer careful critical evaluation and authoritative advice on stroke, the most complicated disease affecting the nervous system of children and young adults. New chapters, the latest guidelines from the American Heart Association, tips for preventing misdiagnoses, and more provide you with the knowledge you need to make the best clinical and management decisions of both common and rare cerebrovascular disorders in the young population. Tightly focused, this fully referenced textbook fills the void in the literature by including detailed discussions on topics such as stroke in neonates, atherosclerotic cerebral infarction in young adults, strokes caused by migraines, stroke during pregnancy, and a myriad of others. Up-to-date tables containing rich troves of data along with the careful selection of multiple references further enhances your acumen.
- Offers practical, clinical guidance on stroke and stroke related issues, such as atherosclerotic cerebral infarction, non-atherosclerotic cerebral vasculopathies, cardiac disorders, and disorders of hemostasis to broaden your knowledge base.
- Includes an overview of stroke types, risk factors, prognosis, and diagnostic strategies in neonates, children, and young adults to help you better manage every condition you see.
- Discusses the diverse etiologies of stroke in children and young adults to increase awareness in the differences of presenting signs between children and adults.
- Features new chapters on Applied Anatomy, Pediatric CNS Vascular Malformation, and Vascular Disorders of the Spinal Cord to keep you on the cusp of this challenging and burgeoning field.
- Presents data from the latest American Heart Association guidelines for stroke in children and young adultscoauthored by Dr. Billerto help you make better informed evaluation and management decisions.
- Provides tips on how to prevent misdiagnosis.
- Offers the latest knowledge on therapy and rehabilitation to help you chose the best treatment options.
- Includes more images to enhance visual guidance.