Mechanism and Management of Headache, 7e
- Publish Date: 2004-12-15
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: James W. Lance AO CBE MD Hon DSc FRCP(London) FRACP FAA;Peter J. Goadsby BMedSc MB BS MD PhD DSc FRACP
Based on the current classification of the International Headache Society, this revised and updated 7th Edition provides up-to-date, practical guidance on the very latest advances in research into the pathophysiology, clinical aspects, and treatment of all types of headacheincluding migraine, tension-type headache, cluster headache, and chronic daily headache. It provides an optimal blend of clinical know-how and relevant basic science, written in an easy-to-read, engaging style.
- Features a chapter organization based on the HIS classification of headache, making information easy to find.
- Delivers balanced coverage of the most recent scientific discoveries as well as tried and true clinical observations.
- Includes updated discussions on the pathophysiology and treatment of migraine, plus a new chapter on Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalgias (cluster headaches).
- Delivers a completely revised chapter on tension-type headache that reflects recent changes in clinical practice.
- Provides revisions based on updated guidelines presented at the International Headache Society, Congress of Headache, September 2003.