Midwifery: Best Practice Volume 5, 1e
- Publish Date: 2009-02-12
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Sara Wickham RM MA BA(Hons) PGCE(A)
This is Volume 5 in the Midwifery: Best Practice series. Each of the volumes in this Series is built around the familiar core of four main topic areas relevant to midwifery: pregnancy, labour / birth, postnatal and stories / reflection - and also includes a number of focus on sections. These are different in each volume and reflect a wide range of key and topical issues within midwifery. Each volume builds upon the others to provide a comprehensive library of articles that shows the development of thought in key midwifery areas. Volume 5 offers a range of wholly new topic areas within the focus on sections covering: the birthing environment, women, midwives and risk, holistic health and working/international stories.
- A practical reference source containing a wide range of articles, research and original material in an easily accessible format
- Volume 5 offers a more interactive learning experience by inviting midwives to create their own questions before reading the articles, and then returning to these afterwards for reflective thought
- Diverse opinions on selected topics provide a comprehensive resource for debate and discussion
- Unique approach includes ideas on how to turn reading into professional development activities
- Includes 60 articles from The Practising Midwife (2004-5);4 research articles from Midwifery (2004-5); 3 articles from The Journal of Midwifery and Womens Health (2003-5); and 5 original articles commissioned for this book.
4 research articles from Midwifery (2004-05).
3 articles from The Journal of Midwifery and Womens Health 2003-05
5 original articles commissioned for this book.