Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry
- Publish Date: 2011-08-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Philip Sloan;Willy Legrand;Joseph Chen
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A clear understanding of the issues surrounding climate change, global warming, air and water pollution, ozone depletion, deforestation, the loss of biodiversity and global poverty is essential for every manager in the hospitality industry.
Present and future hospitality executives need to know how sustainable management systems can be integrated into their businesses while maintaining and hopefully improving the bottom line. Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry explores innovative ways to tackle the ever increasing costs of energy and water as well as the moral, ethical, social and political arguments for taking action. This book uses case studies throughout to explore the followingkey issues:
- how can hospitality properties and equipment be designed to use less resources?
- what are the benefits of using more sustainable food and beverage sources?
- how can environmental impacts be reduced and profitability increased?
- how can properties integrate sustainability management systems and stay one step ahead of the competition?
- how can the reputation of a hospitality operation be improved to attract investment by incorporating responsible marketing and corporate social responsibility policies?
Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry contains stimulating new ideas, solutions, and strategies essential to every student and professional in the hospitality industry.