Introduction to Health and Safety at Work
- Publish Date: 2007-09-12
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Phil Hughes;Ed Ferrett
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Introduction to Health and Safety at Work has been developed for the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health. Each element of the syllabus is covered by a dedicated chapter. The successful previous editions have also found ready acceptance for other NVQ level 3 and 4 courses in Health and Safety.
As an introduction to all areas of occupational safety and health the book is also a practical reference for managers and directors with health and safety responsibilities and safety representatives. It covers the essential elements of health and safety management, the legal framework, risk assessment and control standards.
New in this edition:
- Restructured in line with the unitized NEBOSH syllabus
- New chapter with specimen answers for the two written examinations and a specimen practical assignment and management report
- Revised international chapter to cater more fully for the NEBOSH International Certificate
- Updated throughout in line with changes in the regulations, including CDM 2007, Asbestos 2006, Noise 2005, Fire Safety Order 2005, and legislation on smoke-free workplaces
For a PDF with a detailed list of all changes please click here.
Phil Hughes MBE, MSc, CFIOSH, is a former Chairman of NEBOSH (1995-2001), former President of IOSH (1990-1991) and runs his own consultancy. He received an MBE for services to health and safety and as a director of RoSPA, in the New Year's Honours List 2005.
Ed Ferrett PhD, BSc (Hons Eng), CEng, MIMechE, MIET, CMIOSH, is the Vice Chairman of NEBOSH and a lecturer on NEBOSH courses at Cornwall Business School of Cornwall College. He is a Chartered Engineer and a health and safety consultant.