Introduction to AutoCAD 2008: 2D and 3D Design
- Publish Date: 2007-07-12
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Alf Yarwood
Taking the reader step-by-step through the features of AutoCAD, Alf Yarwood provides a practical, structured course of work matched to the latest release of this software. After introducing first principles and the creation of 2D technical drawings, he goes on to demonstrate the construction of 3D solid and surface model drawings and rendering in the second part. All the new features of the 2008 software release are taken into account, in particular the new workspace for 2D drafting, faster rendering, new rendering methods, more materials, and improved lighting methods. The 2D chapters are also suitable for those learning how to use AutoCAD LT 2008.
Introduction to AutoCAD 2008 includes:
- Hundreds of full-colour drawings and screen shots illustrating the stages within the design process
- Worked examples and exercises throughout the text, linking the use of AutoCAD to real-world engineering practice
- Start of chapter learning outcome summaries and end of chapter revision notes and exercises to check the readers' understanding
Readers can also visit a free companion website at http://books.elsevier.com/companions/9780750685122, where they will find worked solutions and AutoCAD drawing files of stages and results for the exercises in the book, as well as further exercises and multiple-choice questions with answers.
Suitable for all new users of AutoCAD, this book is particularly applicable to introductory level undergraduate courses and vocational courses in engineering and construction. Further Education students in the UK will find this an ideal textbook to cater for the relevant CAD units of BTEC National and BTEC Higher National Engineering schemes from Edexcel, and the City & Guilds 4353 and 2303 qualifications.
* Written by a member of the Autodesk Developer Network
* Hundreds of full-colour drawings and screen shots illustrating the stages within the design process
* Accompanying website with worked solutions and AutoCAD drawing files of stages and results for the exercises in the book, as well as further exercises and multiple-choice questions with answers